5 Simple Ways to Spring Clean your Body
By: Dr. Caitlin Davidson
Let’s be honest. This winter has been brutal! But it’s pretty much over and we’ve all survived. Now it’s time to dust off the cobwebs and start to thrive! I know you’re as excited for warmer weather as I am, so let’s take that boost of energy we’re feeling and channel it right back into ourselves. Because let’s face it, we deserve it after that long dark winter! Here are some ways to make the most of your spring energy:
1. Get the heck outside – It’s been so long since the air hasn’t hurt to breathe! Take time everyday to step outside and breathe in the fresh spring air. Maybe even walk somewhere you’ve been driving to all winter long.
2. Make summer plans – You’ve got the energy and drive right now, so why not reach out to friends and family to schedule all the things you want to do this summer. Summer weekends get booked up fast, so now’s the time to organize that girl’s cottage weekend, family camping trip, day at the zoo, whatever!
3. Make a workout schedule –Pre-signing up for classes at the start of the month will help keep you committed when patio season starts to tempt us away from the studio.
4. Make appointments – Been putting off going to the doctor for a physical? Been meaning to get a massage? Haven’t been to the chiropractor in awhile? You’re already in planning-mode from tip #2 and #3, so why not book those over-due appointments and make your health a priority.
5. Balance your energies – It’s so important, during times of heightened energy, to practice balance so that you don’t burn out. This means remembering to take downtime for reflection and relaxation. Consider signing up for the upcoming Seasonal Restorative Reboot to bring a sense of equilibrium to the mind and body.
See you in class Yogathletes! And as always, if you have any questions for me, I’m always around and would love to chat.
Dr. Caitlin Davidson, BSc (Hons), DC
Dr. Davidson graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in 2016, while being co-president of the ICPA Pediatrics Club and teaching in a Senior’s Chair Yoga Program. In 2017 she also became a Certified Animal Chiropractor. She is a member in good standing with College of Chiropractors of Ontario. Dr. Davidson is passionate about helping your entire family live your healthiest, most balanced lives. And she loves to practice what she preaches, which is why you can catch her in all styles of classes at Yogathletix!